- Thoroughly soak car bodywork with water to loosen surface deposits.
- Use a pH-neutral car bodywork shampoo solution to neutralize acidic fallout.
- Use a number of smaller buckets rather than a single larger bucket to minimize the risk of ash particles being reapplied to bodywork on the sponge from contaminated water.
- Keep the car wet with clean water while washing with a sponge (this keeps the surface of the paint lubricated to reduce the risk of scratching from any dust that remains on the bodywork)
- Pay special attention to wiper blades - which may scratch the windshield when sweeping ash across the glass surface - and side window seals - which may harbor dust that scratches windows as they are wound up and down.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water to remove all shampoo from the car.
- Dry the car using a high quality microfiber drying towel or synthetic chamois.
- Apply a quality polish or high definition wax in order to provide a durable, long-lasting layer of protection, preventing further contaminants adhering to paintwork, and forming a barrier against acidic deposits.
- Use a specialist automotive rubber treatment to cleanse and protect rubber seals, wiper blades and tire sidewalls.
- Wash frequently until the volcanic eruptions cease to minimize the risk of potential future damage.
After all the washing and cleaning your car from all the volcanic dust, its best to prevent it from further exposure by having a Blade car cover. One can be purchased at Blade for only PHP 999.00
And for your car care and accessory needs visit Blade Auto Center outlets nationwide or shop online at www.blade.ph
All the BIGGEST brands are here at the country's LARGEST car accessories chain store, we offer global brands such as; Sparco, DUB, MicroMagic, Goodyear, Polaroid, Mothers, Pioneer, Pertua, Chupa Chups and many more.