Photo credits to gmanetwork.com
1st COMMANDMENT: STAY INDOORS
- With the power of the online space, better check if the government has already declared suspension of classes or work ASAP. Stay indoors and don’t force to go out during these hazardous moments.
2nd COMMANDMENT: TURN OFF YOUR ENGINES
- Keep your car or truck engine switched off. Avoid driving in heavy ash fall. Driving will stir up ash that can clog engines and stall vehicles.
3rd COMMANDMENT: TURN OFF YOUR AC
- If you do have to drive, keep the car windows up and do not operate the air conditioning system. Operating the air conditioning system will bring in outside air and ash which is hazardous to your health and unhealthy to your vehicle’s AC.
4th COMMANDMENT: KEEP POSTED
- If you don’t have an internet connection, do listen to traditional radio for advice and information.
5th COMMANDMENT: KEEP YOURSELF COVERED
- If outside seek shelter; use a mask or handkerchief for breathing. Exposure to ash can harm your health, particularly the respiratory (breathing) tract. Wear protective clothing especially if working in the ash fall, and goggles to protect the eyes. Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants.
6th COMMANDMENT: COVER YOUR CAR
- If possible do not drive, park your car under-cover or use car covers to keep it protected.
7th COMMANDMENT: RATIONS
- Like any other weather alert, treat this incident as a hazardous situation. Stock up your rations (water, food, batteries and proper clothing) Better safe than sorry right?
8th COMMANDMENT: EVACUATE ONCE ADVISED
- Do not hesitate. Your life is more important than your appliances. Leave the area immediately. If you are warned to evacuate because an eruption is imminent, evacuate. If you can drive rather than walk, use your vehicle to evacuate. When driving keep doors and windows closed, drive across the path of danger if you can or away from the danger if you can not, and watch for unusual hazards in the road.
9th COMMANDMENT: BE AWARE OF WHAT YOU ARE FEELING
- If your eyes, nose, and throat become irritated from volcanic gases and fumes, move away from the area immediately. Your symptoms should go away when you are no longer in contact with the gases or fumes. If the symptoms continue, it is best to consult your doctor.
10th COMMANDMENT: MAKE SURE TO CHARGE UP
- Charge up both in your body through proper sleep and those power banks you may have with you. This way, you are in tip-top shape to prepare for the worst-case scenario. Make sure to also charge your home’s emergency light as you will never know what may happen next.
And for your car care and accessory needs visit Blade Auto Center outlets nationwide or shop online at www.blade.ph
All the BIGGEST brands are here at the country's LARGEST car accessories chain store, we offer global brands such as; Sparco, DUB, MicroMagic, Goodyear, Polaroid, Mothers, Pioneer, Pertua, Chupa Chups and many more.